Sangiovese 90%, Canaiolo Nero 10%
- Grapes are produced in the hills surrounding Pisa and Pistoia.
- Grapes are hand harvested beginning in early to mid September.
- The Sanviovese grapes, once pressed and fermented, are placed in wooden barrels for 8-12 months for a deep, traditional Chianti taste.
- A Nitrogen Press is used to eliminate exposure to oxygen during fermentation.
Color, Nose & Palate
- Considered a “medium bodied” wine.
- Red-cherry color, and a fruity aroma.
- Light wood notes lead to an elegant ﬁnish.